Monday 13 July 2015

A Game For All The Family by Sophie Hannah



Justine Merrison, her husband Alex and fourteen year old daughter Ellen leave London and move for a quieter life to Devon. Life for Justine and her family is about to get very weird indeed. 

The book alternates between the story Ellen writes for a school assignment and Justine's life. Ellen's best friend disappears... or does he? Justine receives threatening phone calls and things get more and more mysterious. 


Let me start by saying how much I enjoyed reading A Game For All The Family; although enjoyed doesn't seem like the right word, delighted in, relished, loved and adored would be more appropriate words.

Justine and her "I do Nothing with a Capital N" motto drew me in. Ellen's dark and enigmatic story kept me guessing until the very end. 

My mind raced as the story weaved this way and that. I got it wrong, time and time again, although I did manage to solve one of the mysteries before the end. This is a brilliant, chilling psychological thriller and it had me gripped to the very end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Unusual Boy