Saturday 31 December 2016

                                 My Favourite Novel of 2016

I read 29 Fiction books in 2016. I loved so many of them, but have decided to give a shout out to my absolute favourite, Foxlowe by Eleanor Wasserberg! 

I had the joy and privilege of meeting the author Eleanor Wasserberg at a book event in Sheffield. She is incredible! She read from Foxlowe and despite me knowing exactly what was going to happen and when, I still got chills. Foxlowe is the author's debut novel and believe me when I say, it's sublime! In fact, don't take my word for it, grab yourself a copy and find out! 

                                                                 Foxlowe by Eleanor Wasserberg 


Green lives at Foxlowe with the family. It's not a conventional family but lost souls from all over, gathered together, blindly searching for something different, something more. The family has it's own rules, it's own ways and to be a part of the family requires blind obedience, a dedication of mind, body and spirit. 


This is a story of a cult, of brainwashing, of abuse, and the lasting effects it can have, especially on the children who grow up knowing nothing else. With chilling sentences like,

"The children are the easiest for the Bad to slip in to, they must be watched."

this harrowing story will break your heart, and chill you to the bone.



Dark, creepy and disturbing Foxlowe and it's inhabitants will haunt your thoughts for a long time after putting the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Unusual Boy