Saturday 2 January 2016

The Mermaids Singing

   The Mermaids Singing by Val McDermid


Dr Tony Hill is a clinical psychologist, a profiler and with a serial  killer at large he is called in by the police who are desperate to apprehend this violent offender. 

This book will shock you, it will have you looking over your shoulder and double checking you've locked your doors at night! 

Dr Hill is a damaged man, fallible, but focused, determined, and a genius. As the story twists and turns, as the violence escalates and the fear felt by the community and the police becomes palpable my faith in Tony and detective inspector Carol Jordan grew. 

Told from the point of view of the different characters, you see humanity at it's worse but also at it's very best. The torture scenes are graphic, brutal, and incredibly unsettling but necessary to portray the depth of evil displayed by this killer. 

There were times that I HAD to put the book down and step away, as I could feel the evil seeping through the pages ( well, it felt like it, I had shivers running down my spine ). Brilliantly written, I am excited to read the rest of the books in this incredible series. 

I give The Mermaid Singing five stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 
(the fact that it disturbed me on such a deep level was proof of the incredible gift the author has in telling a story ) 
isbn 978-0-00-813476-1
This edition was published in 2015 by Harper Collins
Originally published by Harper Collins in 1995
I won a copy of this book in a goodreads giveway .




No comments:

Post a Comment

An Unusual Boy